Chef Cathy
Feb 19, 2017

Day 6 Q&A

0 comments

Edited: Feb 19, 2017

We are continuing to allow exponential power to our starter.

You can start practicing for English muffin making by making pancakes. English muffins really are just a thicker version of a pancake - go ahead and play with your food!!

• worthwaiting4
    Sep 28, 2017

Hi Cathy I am on day 6 and it looks bubby - been feeding it daily. Not as much rise and fall at this time. Is that a problem? It does smell sour. Had the hooch rise up as well. Once we are done with it how do we care for it to keep it active? Thanks! Glenda xo
  • chapellake28
    May 12, 2017

Day 2--Have some bubbling action going on. Fed it. Looked at it and thought, "Seriously?? What name would anyone give sourdough?" Quite unexpectedly the name "Gypsy" popped into my head. It's a GIRL!! Has anyone else named their sourdough? I'd love to hear what you all came up with.
  • snowyegret379
    May 12, 2017

I am loving this series. Thank you. I noticed you put your culture in a metal pan today. Do we need to worry about leaching metal into the sourdough? Would a half gallon Mason jar work? Can you freeze sourdough? Can you create crackers and pizza dough with it? With gratitude, Audrey

© 2017 Culinary Naturopathy - Cathy Hohmeyer